Sunday, 17 May 2009

MY TIE



I spent today on the London High Street, obstensibly to look at the new Mathew Williamson collection for H&M. As far as H&M collaborations go (anyone who saw the rubbishy Victor & Rolf offering will know what I mean) , the men's offering is pretty strong, although the prints are a little whacked.

The cut of the blazers are great, and the fabrication fairly high standard. It falls down on the knitware and the t-shirting, but all in all, good work Mathew.

Instead, I purchased this tie from Uniqlo (above). Far too much of my current wardrobe is from Uniqlo, but what can I say: it is classic with a preppy edge, high quality (the stuff lasts) and affordable. The rainbow completed my day.

8 comments:

Keith said...

I think it looks great. I hope you had a nice weekend.

andrea said...

looks hot!

mensfashiondeals said...

I agree... sometimes the edgy prints can be just a litltle too much. I just wish I had an H&M close to me.

Luke said...

Thanks for the tip. I went and bought that tie last weekend. I love it... good to see you posting again!

thomas said...

Absolutely your correct! Thanks for the informative tip about mens neckties. It will help me a lot. I wish I could have that one.LOL. Can I ask something, is it nice to wear a blue blazer with a stripe neck tie? Help!

Lyndsay said...

There it is, the number one style IMO. The fine line between preppy and suave remains vague, but with the return of Harvard style, this could be an all encompassing return to the elite for the academic world

thomas said...

great tie! love the look. great blog

Ander said...

Nicely composed mr Benjamin, hope NY is treating u well. I'm sure the Londow crow is missing you. x